Centers of Psychiatric Excellence (COPE) to Present New Research on Ketamine at The American Psychiatric Association’s Annual Meeting in New York City on May 7
NEW YORK, May 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — The Centers of Psychiatric Excellence (COPE) is pleased to present new research on the drug ketamine at The American Psychiatric Association’s (APA) Annual Meeting in New York, NY, on Monday, May 7. The presentations will take place from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. in room 1A14 on the first floor of The Javits Center.
COPE’s session is called “Advances in Ketamine Research and Clinical Practice: Need for Evidence-Based Practice Guidelines” and will include the following presentations:
Chair: Steven Szabo, M.D. (Duke University)
- Preclinical and Translational Neuroscience: A Brief History of Ketamine, presented by Gerard Sanacora, M.D., Ph.D. (Yale University)
- Updates on Subanesthetic Doses of Ketamine for Mood Spectrum Disorders, presented by Sanjay J. Mathew, M.D. (Baylor University)
- Updates on Subanesthetic Doses of Ketamine for Anxiety Spectrum Disorders, presented by James W. Murrough, M.D.(Mt Sinai,NY)
- Updates on Subanesthetic Doses of Ketamine for Management of Chronic Pain, presented by Ashwin A Patkar, M.D. ( Duke University)
- Development of Centers of Psychiatric Excellence and a Registry to Optimize Ketamine Administrations, presented by Prakash S. Masand, M.D. (Duke–National University of Singapore)
- Panel Discussion, led by Carlos A. Zarate, M.D. (National Institute of Mental Health)
“Studies show overwhelming evidence to support the efficacy of ketamine in the most difficult to treat cases of major depression, anxiety, bipolar depression, chronic pain and opioid addiction,” said Dr. Prakash Masand, CEO of Centers of Psychiatric Excellence (COPE) and Adjunct Professor, Duke-NUS. “We are excited to share this important information at this year’s APA annual meeting.”
For more information about COPE’s session on Ketamine, visit https://staging.chorusy.com/advances-in-ketamine-research-and-clinical-practice-need-for-evidence-based-practice-guidelines/
COPE (Centers of Psychiatric Excellence) is a management services organization that offers administrative and advisory support to independently operated psychiatric treatment clinics. COPE is proud to partner with highly specialized clinics around the country that service the most difficult to treat cases of depression, anxiety (specifically PTSD), and chronic pain.
COPE was founded by three internationally renowned psychiatrists at Duke University Medical Center: Prakash Masand, MD; Ashwin Patkar, MD; and Steven Szabo, MD. In their more than 60 years of clinical and academic experience, they saw a clear, unmet need to provide support and services to facilities that offer evidence-based, innovative treatment.You can visit https://staging.chorusy.com/
Prakash Masand MD
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/centers-of-psychiatric-excellence-cope-to-present-new-research-on-ketamine-at-the-american-psychiatric-associations-annual-meeting-in-new-york-city-on-may-7-300640257.html
©2017 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.